Saturday, May 28, 2011

Two More Weeks

My post-partum check-up didn't go as well as planned. That's a good and a bad thing. The doctor has given me two more weeks off from work (sick leave) because my c-section scar has not completely healed. Although it looks closed, there's still a bit of pain and some fluid. The good news is that it's two more weeks with Pippa, bad news is that I still cannot workout other than walking.
This week, Pippa is cooing and talking more than ever! She has started smiling at people and is content to just lay on the floor doing arm circles and leg kicks. I began reading a book called "The Baby Whisperer" to help get her more into a routine. Lately, she will eat, then stay up to play for a while before sleeping. This is different than when she would fall asleep eating and nap for hours. While this is the order the book recommends (E.A.S.Y. = eat, activity, sleep, you time), it's difficult for tired mom and dad to feed her at 10pm only to have her stay up until 2am playing before drifting off to sleep. My hope is that we can get her schedule adjusted a little more so she goes down around 11pm. We will see what the week brings, I need to finish the book first.
This will be Pippa's first Memorial Day Weekend! We plan to drive to Puyallup today for a friend's son's first birthday party. On Sunday I am taking Liam and Pippa to the beach for some Grandma time. Dan will stay at home since he is working Sunday and Monday night. I hope that he is able to get lots of sleep as well. Today will be our first long road trip with Pippa and tomorrow will be our first over-nighter. I'm sure she will do well and adapt like she always does, we just need to make sure her routine is not disturbed too much.
We hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday weekend!
Five weeks old

It took some effort...

but her fist was able to fit into her mouth!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like we're having some similar revelations about getting our babies on a routine! I hope that after the 10pm feeding she goes down....we're going to give the 10pm feeding a try tonight and see what happens!

    She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete