Sunday, May 22, 2011

Better Late Than Never

Yes, I've been insanely busy. About the time I heat up some food, Pippa is awake and ready to eat. It took me over an hour to get to my quickie microwave meal at lunch today. Most days I can't even check my e-mail. It took all day to sweep the floor yesterday. I told Dan that "if I slept when the baby sleeps, nothing would get done around here."
Anyway, last night was our first night totally alone. Dan is back to work full-time and Liam is with his father this weekend. It seemed to go okay. Pippa was in bed by 10:30. She woke up around 2am to feed and again at 5:30am. I got about 6 hours of sleep. That's not enough for me but I usually do take a nap during the day. Housework tends to happen late at night when baby is sleeping. I plan to go for another walk today.
My follow up doctor appointment is coming up this Wednesday so hopefully I will be cleared to do more exercise.
So, within the last couple of weeks, we have seen some more rollovers. She smiled while awake for the first time on 05/20/11 and I've only seen one or two since then, but they are coming. She has started to coo a lot! It's funny to watch her flail her arms and legs and put so much effort into one little noise. My grandmother/grandfather Stram gave her this little lion that plays a very short (5 second) tune when you press it's paw. Pippa is fascinated by this toy and will spend up to an hour at a time staring at it and talking/cooing to it. Of course, you have to keep pressing the paw for it to "talk" back but she LOVES it!
That's about all that's been happening, she turns 5 weeks old tomorrow! It's ironic how slow the last month of pregnancy goes but how fast the first month of mommyhood is...

Pippa and Bella (sticking her tongue out!)
05/09/11 - three weeks old

05/16/2011 - four weeks old!

No comments:

Post a Comment