Monday, March 17, 2014

Weekend Warriors

 We had some nice weather on Saturday and a little bit of Sunday so we buckled down and got a few things done/progress made!
Last weekend though, I filled in the front area with gravel while Bella "helped"

 We moved all the sod from the area by the barn to the chicken coop. I really wanted to get these pieces done so I (or anyone else) wouldn't have to put on my boots every time I went to check on the chickens. We dug out a little more ground, laid the fabric and the gravel. This took about 5 hours with three of us working and Pippa "helping"
Here it is with the gravel down. 
Notice in the picture above that the chicken coop is still really grass and hasn't been touched.

The day was about 65 which is apparently warm enough to strip down to your panties and run around all day long. At one point she had taken them off and was sitting on the asphalt driveway naked - ew. That is Liam in the background looking all grown up. You can see where we stopped for the day.

Here you can see what I did on Sunday. In the morning everyone was pretty sore so I went out alone and dug this out. By the time I was done, Dan decided to help with the fabric and the gravel. We did this in about 3 hours. The doors swing freely now (instead of being caught up on the mud) and we can wear flip flops to take care of the chickens!

Taking a bit of a break this weekend to spend time with friends but we will be back to it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment