Thursday, February 13, 2014

February snow melt

The snow has FINALLY melted and we are all back to our normal lives (ha!). I have had requests from many of you to show more pictures of the house. I promise it's coming. I looked through what I had and they are all pictures from when we were buying the house...meaning it's not our furniture. I will take pictures as I can and post them.
A picture of the front yard on a nicer day

Pippa walking along the driveway in the rain (with a paper umbrella)

We were pretty much snowed in through the weekend. I had a friend give me a ride to go grocery shopping on Saturday and we stopped by Les Schwab and picked up chains for both Dan and I. Dan ended up working all day Sunday. Remember when I said he was working at midnight on Thursday night? That didn't happen, he couldn't get his car out of the driveway. The snow was too deep - I think we got a little more than 12 inches or so. Anyway, he worked Sunday and I stayed home with Pippa. We did puzzles, cooked and just hung out. She's definitely not a fan of the snow either.
Here's a picture of our creek on Friday

The view from our front door after round 2

This weekend is Valentine's Day weekend. My dad is coming over for a visit and he will come with me when I take Liam to Parkour class on Saturday. Then he agreed to watch the kiddos so Dan and I could have a short date day/night. I think we will probably head to a couple of our local wineries for some tastings. If not, we will probably go to a movie. I know...we are a wild and crazy bunch. We have spent so much time with both kids recently (especially being snowed in) that it will be nice to just not have a child around for a few hours.

What else....Liam and I are running a 6k together on March 2nd. We ran the Shamrock Run last year but didn't make the registration cutoff for this year so we decided to do the Fort Vancouver 6k. I am happy it's closer than Portland and it's a smaller race, he should have a good time and I won't be as worried about losing him in the crowd.

We are having a "work party" at our house on March 1. About 20 of our friends are coming over to help us do some work. I promise to take before and after pictures. We plan to cut down a bunch of diseased and/or dead, unhealthy trees as well as carve out a few pathways in the yard so we are not constantly walking through the grass/mud. We are very thankful to have so many friends who have volunteered to help us do some major and much needed work on the outside. This should give us a great jumpstart for the gardening season and help a little more light get through to some areas of the yard that need it.

Dan got bumped from his crane operator position so he's doing something else now but he's not quite sure yet because he's training the person who bumped him! Interesting enough, the person that bumped him does not want that position so we are crossing our fingers that he will eventually get back there. It was a really neat gig for him and he really enjoyed it.

Our house is still for sale. Our agent has held a few open houses and has always had great feedback but no offers yet. We are kind of in limbo there, not sure what we will do. Our contract with her is 90 days so if we decide to sell still we will have to re-list. Otherwise, we have some friends that have expressed interest in renting the property in June. That could be helpful financially now and waiting another year to put the house on the market again may allow us to get a better price for it. Again, still not sure what we are going to do but we know what is meant to be will be.

We hope you are all doing well. There's not a lot else going on with us right now but as the weather gets nicer and the days get longer, we get really busy and I promise we will keep everyone posted on our happenings...and more pictures of the house soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment