Saturday, April 16, 2011

We Are Back!

Back by popular demand. We have started another family blog. While this one will be mostly about the kids, you can come here to find general family updates as well. Where to start...

Our baby girl, Pippa Grace, is due to be born by cesarean section on Monday April 18, 2011 at 9:30am...unless she decides to make her appearance sooner. Pippa was conceived over a year after my tubal ligation reversal surgery, while we were on vacation in Maui. The pregnancy has had it's ups and downs. I don't like to complain because so far, everything is normal and healthy. However, I am in a lot of constant pain and am looking forward to rolling over in bed again without having to make a 5-point-turn.

Liam is so excited to meet his little sister he is literally bouncing off the walls. Today, I have another pre-op appointment at the hospital and he will be coming with me. As the date gets closer, he is becoming more anxious and asking lots of questions (will there be blood?) so I want to calm his nerves a bit and show him the surroundings. He seems to want to help a lot right now with feeding and diapering but I'm not sure how long the honeymoon will last. Only time will tell.

These next two days will consist of laundry, re-packing hospital bags (for a longer stay) and cleaning the house to prepare for Pippa's arrival. Dan is taking this week off work (to start) and my mom will be coming into town sometime around the 23rd or 24th to help. My friend Shalom will also be staying with us for a few days starting the 30th. That means I have several weeks of help booked out so far. I will be taking six weeks full time off work and another six weeks half-time. After that, I plan to re-assess and see what I want to do.

Anyway, that's about it for today. Here are some pictures for everyone.

Pippa Grace in utero
36 weeks pregnant - home photo shoot

The entire Larson family - March 2011

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos, Lisa. So glad Shalom passed this along to me. Very excited for you, Dan, Liam, and (of course) Pippa!

    ReplyDelete