Monday, April 25, 2011

One Week

Our dearest Pippa is one week old today. What a week it has been. I have witnessed the miracle of life (again) and got the privilege of watching my husband witness the same miracle (and sob like a baby). We spent three nights in the hospital being poked and prodded beyond belief and receiving a clean bill of health.

Now that we are home, Pippa is eating more than ever! About every 2 hours when she is awake however, some of her naps extend to about 4 hours so she wakes up a bit frantic. Breastfeeding is going so well and I love knowing that I can take care of her needs wherever we are. She's a very content and laid back baby, rarely fussy (hungry or trying to poop) and she has the cutest smushy baby face when she's sleeping on you.

She got another bath today and fully enjoyed every moment...until it ended. She was very sad to get out of the warm water. Our days consist of a morning feeding, then diaper change and nap. She does a bit of tummy time in the early afternoon followed my more feeding and another nap. Between myself, my mom and Liam, Pippa is rarely ever put down, and that's good because she LOVES to be held.

I will be cleared to drive next week - yay! In the meantime, we are home and always accepting visitors. Just let us know when you are coming.

One week old - LOVING her bath

Liam loves his baby sister
Smushy sleeping baby face

No comments:

Post a Comment