Sunday, October 23, 2011

Six Months Old

Pippa is now 6 months old!
Pippa at six months!
Our 6-month doctor appointment went well. She is 16 pounds 13 ounces which isn't much bigger than last time but I guess they grow slower at this age so the doctor wasn't concerned. She's also 2' 4" tall. She smiled and flirted with the doctor as much as she could...until she got her shots. This time she got three immunizations and the flu shot. I've never had a flu shot and I guess at this age, they get two. So when I take her back in for her second shot next month I will bring Liam with me and the three of us will have it done. Yuck.

She's eating like a horse! I made some teething biscuits yesterday and she loves them (so do the dogs). We are still able to keep up and make all of her baby food and it appears that "baby food" time is starting to go away now that she can eat pretty much anything, it's all about grinding it up first. I bought her some oatmeal baby cereal - we have only been giving her rice. She had some of that this morning and loved it. I am enjoying all the apples, pears and bananas as much as she is.

Well, she's now sitting up really well on her own so we have pulled out the playpen and we move it around the house. When I'm in the kitchen, I put her in it so she can watch me cook and play. I used to put her into a bouncy seat but she doesn't like that anymore. She's been on her hands and knees a lot and is rocking back and forth but has not mastered the crawl yet. She scoots backward and rotates on her belly to get where she wants to go. A friend at work gave us a walker and she loves it except that every time it moves forward, it scares her. Pretty funny stuff.

More tired than you can imagine
I'll keep trying to upload more videos but for now, this is my favorite new picture. She was taking a nap on a "daddy day" and he snapped this picture of her sleeping, yes sleeping. She napped for two hours like this. Before you comment, yes she was put "back to sleep" and yes we know there should not be blankets in the crib. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I think back to sleep goes out the window when they can roll! It sounds like you have quite the active baby on your hands and she'll be crawling before you know it. We go in for Graham's 6 month tomorrow - I'm not looking forward to the shots.

    ReplyDelete